RM of East St. Paul
Mayor Shelley Hart
Like its counterpart to the west, East St. Paul was established in 1915 with the division of St. Paul into two rural municipalities. It encompasses 41 square kilometers and includes the communities of Birds Hill, North Hill, Glengarry, River East Estates, Whidbey Harbour, Pritchard Farm Estates and Silverfox Estate. The Red River Floodway diverts part of the Red River’s flow around the City of Winnipeg through East St. Paul and discharges it back into the Red River north of the dam in Lockport. East St. Paul contains greenhouses and numerous small farms, primarily of the market gardening variety, as well as natural forest, creek and pond areas and is home to roughly 9,400 residents. It is a distinctive rural community with urban advantages.