RM of Rockwood
Reeve J. Wesley Taplin
In 1880 the RM of Rockwood became a municipality and consists of Townships 13 to 17, Ranges 1 and 2, and the west-half of 3 East. It extends across a land area of 1,199.93 square kilometers. The independently governed towns of Stonewall and Teulon are both enclaved within Rockwood and its current population sits just shy of 8,000 residents. For many years in the past, one of the main industries of the Rural Municipality of Rockwood and the Town of Stonewall was the Stone Quarries and Rockwood still has several active quarry operations today.